Dedicated Resources are usually charged a one time fee and we provide dedicated resources for long term projects. These resources will work full time as clients, employees and are charged fixed amount in spite of number of hours they work.
For flexible resources billing is done only for the amount of man hours put in a single day for the work they do either on client’s intranet or our local intranet. Also the resources can be added or removed during the testing activities as per the project requirements.
Data security has become an increasing concern these days and this can be tackled by working with in client’s network via VPN/static IPs. Following is a case study for one of our client from London – U.K.
- We suggested the client to use Microsoft Virtual PC 2004
- The client created multiple PCs on this single machine
- Each PC had different OS and browsers to test compatibility issues
- SWQA Team in India accessed these PCs via static IPs and VPN connection using RDC
- SWQA Team in India was given access only to Test site, Bug reporting site and internal emails with in client’s network
- No access was provided to SWQA team to internet from these Virtual PCs
- SWQA team created all the test artifacts within clients network
- SWQA Test team from India accessed these Virtual PCs via VPN and tested the application and reported bugs